Posted by McNair Scholars Program on Thursday, February 4, 2010 21:15 - 0 Comments
Do you know of any outstanding TRIO alumni who you can nominate for this year’s National TRIO Achievers competition? We recognized a great group of Achievers at the 2009 Achievers’ Luncheon in San Antonio, TX and look forward to honoring an equally outstanding group in San Diego on September 3, 2010!
Criteria for Nomination:
1. The TRIO Achiever candidate must be a former TRIO project participant who was enrolled in and successfully completed a TRIO program.
2. The TRIO Achiever candidate must have enrolled in and successfully completed a postsecondary program of study resulting in a baccalaureate or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Preference is given to nominees who have been out of school for five years or more.
3. The TRIO Achiever candidate must be a person of high stature within his/her profession or has received recognition for outstanding achievement.
4. The TRIO Achiever candidate must currently be employed above the entry level designation for his/her profession or enrolled in a program for a degree above the baccalaureate degree.
5. The TRIO Achiever candidate must have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.
6. Participation in the TRIO project must have had significant impact upon the candidate in obtaining his/her educational and/or professional objectives (as acknowledged by the participant).
Required Supporting Documentation:
1. TRIO Achievers Nomination Form–attached
2. Photo of Nominee
3. Testimonial letter from nominator
4. One professional letter of reference
5. Personal Statement from nominee
6. Nominee’s Resume or CV
Nominators are strongly encouraged to submit all nomination materials electronically to Jodi Koehn-Pike at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for 2010 Achiever nominations is June 4. Please contact Jodi Koehn-Pike by phone at (202) 347-7430 or e-mail (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.